Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Good day to all another one fine day to us here in Philippines.. better watchout for that sudden temp change.

3 posters

lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?:

azland
    azland
    Arachnida Elders
    Arachnida Elders

Male Number of posts : 628
    Registration date : 2009-02-26

lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?: Empty lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?:

Post by azland Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:30 am

i have a cebuensis caught from bogo last january, she is the mother of the slings that i brought on our first ever exhibit in crocolandia,.

i was wondering after laying her eggs acouple of months ago she molted yesterday after cleaning her enclosure, is it a good sign or a bad sign?

when that happen it came to my head that pwede diay maka lay ug eggs kong wala pa ma totally mature ang tarantula? if so then how about our endemics? thesame raba kaha?...

Question Question Question drunken drunken
    fliptop88
    fliptop88

Male Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?: Empty Re: lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?:

Post by fliptop88 Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:43 am

It'll will be hard to guess since it's wild caught. But females do molt even when she reach maturity, unlike males. It's like the menstrual cycle of a female. That is a sure sign that she is again ready for breeding.
    azland
    azland
    Arachnida Elders
    Arachnida Elders

lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?: Empty Re: lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?:

Post by azland Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:46 pm

thought so, guess i'll get ready for they're mating.. affraid bounce

now my next problem is the right season for breeding,. since this is a native tarantula in cebu, i don't know when's the right breeding time for them. i read this one on a site it stated there: the highest successful rate for breeding is to determine the season so that the successful laying and hatching of the eggs is high
    azland
    azland
    Arachnida Elders
    Arachnida Elders

Post by azland Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:11 am

this is the pic of the orph. that molted after laying its eggs and hatch them..

lays egg and molt,. after several months.. :?: Dsc00011
    lawrence_tbs
    lawrence_tbs
    Guardians
    Guardians

Male Number of posts : 218

Post by lawrence_tbs Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:27 pm

orph ni? gmaya gd... or ang kamot lng may daku? hehehe....
    fliptop88
    fliptop88

Male Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2009-03-20

Post by fliptop88 Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:06 am

I think the best time to breed them is when the female just molted and started eating. What site are you refering to?
    azland
    azland
    Arachnida Elders
    Arachnida Elders

Post by azland Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 am

@flip - well im just reading randomly anywhere in the net, most of them are forums from Canada, California, ireland, UK.

@lawrence, raydawne: gamay kai nagkulo man but she's big, skittish and sometimes aggressive. mag threat post gud siya basta matarugan lang gamay iya enclosure....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 am